I love casseroles. The idea of turning on the oven on a chilly day is so comforting, and the idea of putting all the ingredients for dinner into a dish, stir, bake is even better.
Because to me there is nothing better than coming home after a long day at work and snuggling up under a blanket and relaxing. This dinner requires just a few minutes of prep, and you end up with a delicious, healthy dinner with almost no effort. Love it!!
Is there anything better then curling up with a good book, and a warm bowl of food on a crisp fall night? Ok, maybe a free trip to Disney World and lifetime supply of organic chocolate would beat it. But it’s still a pretty wonderful time.
And there has certainly been a chill in the air lately, especially once the sun goes down. Since I am holding out on turning the heat on, dinners that have you turning on the oven are just what I need.
Health highlight of broccoli: while broccoli may seem like a common, unremarkable veggie, it is actually a powerhouse of healthy stuff. Broccoli contains a compound that has been shown to be effective in preventing certain cancers. The nutrients in broccoli also help to promote and regulate detoxification in the body, which is very good news. Broccoli is also a strongly anti-inflammatory food.
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa (rinsed or buy the prerinsed variety)
- 2 ½ cups chopped Broccoli (about 2 heads of broccoli)
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded then measured)
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil
- In a casserole dish, add the quinoa, broccoli, cheeses, garlic powder and season with a little salt and pepper
- Stir well
- When the broth has come to a boil pour over the quinoa/broccoli mixture
- Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked
- Dish up and enjoy!!!
What is your favorite casserole?