I had the day off of work on Monday, it was a heavenly long weekend for me.
It was a glorious weeekend, I clearly got lots of time to relax and read. I was so thankful for the extra day that felt like such a wonderful bonus!! It was also my friend’s 30th birthday party (Happy Birthday Rob!!!). I hope you all had a fabulous weekend too.
For some reason it’s starting to feel like right after this weekend was over, everyone got ready for spring to be here already.
Perhaps everyone is sick of this stuff?
I love winter, but admit I am looking forward to farm fresh produce, long days, and warm sunshine. However, I feel like I haven’t squeezed in all the winter food I needed to yet!! Soups!! I am going to miss you!!!
This soup is a classic of the delicious variety. It is my vegetarian, veggie-ful version of the Panera one. Do you guys have a favorite soup?
Health highlight of broccoli: while broccoli may seem like a common, unremarkable veggie, it is actually a powerhouse of healthy stuff. Broccoli contains a compound that has been shown to be effective in preventing certain cancers. The nutrients in broccoli also help to promote and regulate detoxification in the body, which is very good news. Broccoli is also a strongly anti-inflammatory food.
- 1 tablespoon EV Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 4 cups Veggie Broth
- 2 medium Potatoes (chopped)
- 12 oz Broccoli (roughly 4 cups of florets)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded then measured)
- In a large pot add the oil, garlic and onion
- Cook until the onion and garlic soften and get fragrant
- Add the veggie broth and potatoes
- Boil until the potatoes are tender
- Add the broccoli and cook until tender, about 3 minutes
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the cheese
- Using an immersion blender, traditional blender, or food processor puree the mixture (be very careful, this is going to be hot!)
- Ladle this sucker out and eat up!!!