I have never really loved shopping. But when we are at Disney World, it is one of my favorite things to do.
On our recent trip I got all kinds of goodies for myself (including the Minnie Mouse ears that made my Halloween costume possible) but we also bought some little things for our nieces and nephews.
The super fun part was knowing how excited they would be, but picking out things that would fit into our luggage and they would love got a little tricky.
Our one nephew loves puzzles, so when we found a puzzle that was in a small box that would easily fit in my carry on I was so excited. We gave him the puzzle this weekend, and as soon as he opened it and dumped out the pieces, I knew that we had gotten in way over our heads.
He is 4, and he is really amazing at puzzles, but this puzzle was 750 pieces. The rest of the night included about 8 adults and 2 children, and 4 hours of puzzle doing. The kids went to bed, and we adults just sat around completing the puzzle. Which we did. And it felt pretty awesome. I think next time we may just stick with stuffed animals though.
Health highlight of butternut squash: Butternut squash is a rich source vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids) which is heart healthy, good for your vision, and good for your skin! Butternut squash is also an excellent source of vitamin C and other potent antioxidants. It is anti-inflammatory, high in fiber, potassium, and vitamin B6, and folate. These nutrients can help stabilize blood sugar, support your nervous system, and promote bone health.
- 1 cup Brown Rice (dry)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons EV Olive Oil
- 1 small Butternut squash (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 8 oz Mushrooms (I used oyster, but white or crimini would be perfect too)
- 1 bunch Green Onions
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- In a medium pot bring the water and rice to a boil
- Add the lid and reduce to a simmer, cook for about 30 minutes or until the rice is tender
- In a large pan add the olive oil and butternut squash
- Saute until tender, about 7 minutes
- Add the garlic and cook until it gets fragrant, about 2 minutes
- Add the mushrooms, green onions, and bell pepper and cook another 3 minutes
- Once the rice is done cooking, add to the pan and fry up stirring occationally for about 5 minutes
- Stir in the soy sauce last and serve!