So if you are going with the Date Night Salad for Valentine’s Day, you may have saved room for a bit of a more decadent dessert. It was part of my master plan for your meal (insert evil laugh here).
So here it is, a decedent rice pudding but made with some wholesome stuff, so you can keep that confidence high!
Or maybe you are celebrating Galentine’s Day tomorrow, this would be perfect for a ladies night. I have a few friends that wouldn’t object if I called this dinner. (I am including myself in that group).
I guess what I am getting at is you don’t need to be celebrating Valentine’s Day to enjoy chocolate rice pudding. It’s a lovely treat. And it will make any night special.
Health highlight of Brown Rice: Brown rice differs from white rice in that it still has the outer coating on it, which makes it a whole grain. Brown rice is high in manganese, which is used in converting protein and carbs into energy. It also plays an important role in protecting your cells from free radical damage during that energy production. Rice is very easy to digest, and brown rice is rich in fiber. Brown rice also contains phytonutrients, which may help prevent disease and keep your body working optimally. Also, since brown rice is a whole grain, it’s worth mentioning that studies show that people who consume whole grains tend to weigh less then those who don’t.
- In a medium pot add the rice, almond milk, cinnamon, and sea salt
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and place a lid on the pot
- Cook for about an hour, or until the rice is tender, you will need to stir once in a while to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot
- Once the rice is tender, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the maple syrup and cocoa powder
- If it is looking too thick you can thin it out with a little more almond milk
- Serve warm or put in the refrigerator to chill
- Serve with berries and a smile!