This is the easiest chili you will ever make.
Chili can be one of those recipes that call for a billion ingredients, and be terribly intimidating because of it. This one gets a lot of the flavor from the salsa, so if you want a spicy chili go with a spicier salsa. Its one of my lazy day go to meals, and is a real crowd pleaser. Fast, easy, and something everyone will eat? That makes it a winner in my book!!
Health highlight of tomatoes: Tomatoes are also full of antioxidants that have been shown to prevent certain types of cancer (specifically lung and prostate) promote heart health, and may be helpful in supporting bone health. One of these antioxidants is lycopene, which has been linked to higher functionality with age, as well as increases your skins natural SPF!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (chopped – the finer you chop the quicker the chili will be done)
- 2 Pablano Peppers (bell peppers would be perfect to substitute!)
- 1 – 16 oz jar Salsa (any kind you like, but make sure to check the ingredients, you want veggies and nothing else)
- 1 – 20 oz can Fire Roasted Tomatoes (if they are whole in the can chop them up)
- 2 – 15 oz cans Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed)
- Salt – to taste
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, sauté the peppers and onion until they soften
- Add the tomatoes and salsa, bring to a boil
- Add the beans, cook until heated through
- Taste, add salt as needed
- Dish up and Eat!!!