Remember how yesterday I mentioned how I ate some waffles this weekend and was in my happy place?
Those waffles were totally chocolate. These exact waffles in fact.
This weekend felt like it was extra special. It was a holiday weekend, the (sorta, unofficial) start of summer, and I just wanted to celebrate. Which meant I wanted to eat a lot of chocolate. I thought a good way to accomplish this goal was to start my day with something chocolate.
Now I kinda feel like every day should start like this. Chocolate, strawberries, and some more chocolate. Yes that is chocolate drizzled on there. Yes tomorrow’s recipe is also chocolate.
So, needless to say, it was an amazing holiday weekend. I also got to hang with my girls, and we played with makeup. Does it get better then that?
I think I might also keep these in mind next time I want something chocolate for dessert. Waffle sundae!? Yes please!!
Health highlight of coconut oil: I actually wrote a whole post a little while back just on how the newest news and research show coconut oil may be much better for you than previously thought. It seems it can have some beneficial effects on your health! It can lower your risk for cardiovascular disease, help you lose more weight, and boost your immune system. All of that in a super yummy package!
- 1 cup Almond Milk (I made my own using this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup (the real stuff)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (you can sub for olive or canola if you wish)
- 2 Eggs (or 2 flax eggs for vegan=2 tablespoons flax mixed with 2 tablespoons hot water)
- 1 cup Oat Flour (gluten free)
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Maple (I love grade B maple)
- In a medium mixing bowl add the almond milk, maple, coconut oil, and eggs
- Give it a quick whisk
- Add the oat flour, cocoa, and baking powder
- Mix the batter well until everything is mixed
- Cook in your waffle maker of choice per the maker’s instructions
- Top with your desired fixings (I am partial to strawberries and hot fudge…)
- Dive in!!!!!