Looks aren’t always everything. This might not be the prettiest salad, but it will have you swooning after one bite.
And it’s easy. To make I mean.
We made this one night as a quick lazy night dinner, and I hadn’t planned on sharing it, but it was so darn tasty that I just couldn’t resist!!
This is the best time of the year for produce. Almost everything is in season, and the fruit and veggies are so incredibly flavorful!! I kind of wish I could freeze time and live in early August forever. But since the magic wands you buy at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter don’t actually work (get working on that Universal, would you!?) I will settle on going fruit and veggie crazy for the next month and eat all the amazing produce in mass quantities until I get sick of each item.
Do you have a favorite right now?
Health highlight of corn: Corn is an excellent source of antioxidants, and the antioxidants seem to be unique in their slower digestion which researchers believe could make them more protective against certain cancers. Corn is high in carotenoids which give your skin beautiful color as well as enhance your immune system and protect against free radical damage. Corn also aids in digestion, due to it’s higher fiber content. Corn is considered a whole grain.
- 4 Portabella Mushroom Caps
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon EV Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Steak Seasoning
- 2 large Vidalia Onions (diced)
- 2 red Bell Peppers (diced)
- 2 Jalapenos (remove seeds and dice)
- 2 ears Corn (shuck and remove silks)
- 1 can (16 oz) Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Avocados (diced – remove pit and skin)
- In a large ziplock bag add all the ingredients for the Grilled Marinated Mushrooms
- Set aside for 5-10 minutes while you prep the rest of the veggies
- Using a piece of foil, make a tray for the grill by folding up the edges (make sure its large enough for all the veggies, or you can make 2 if its easier)
- Add the foil trays to the grill
- Add the corn to the grill
- Add the mushrooms to the grill (reserve the marinade liquid, you are going to use it later)
- Grill until the veggies are ready (about 10 minutes for the peppers and onions, 15-20 for the corn, and 10-15 for the mushrooms)
- Remove the veggies from the grill and set aside
- In a large bowl add the black beans and avocado
- Pour over the reserved marinade liquid from the mushrooms
- Add the peppers and onions
- Cut the corn off the cob and add it to the bowl
- Dice the mushrooms and add those to the bowl
- Serve and enjoy!!!