Where have you been all my life? I think it was destiny that we meet, and end up together.
I only recently discovered queso, an incredible cheesy sauce that makes the usually delicious and amazing burritos I get at the local restaurant so good it should be illegal. For something so simple, a cheese sauce, I think I could go on about its yummyness for hours.
As with many of the awesome recipe ideas, this one was all Hubby. And apparently, aside from being delicious, it is also up with the latest trend. My first reaction to tasting the final product was “most delicious dinner ever” and hubby totally agreed. Because this version is so good you are going to want to keep it around all the time. I have made it sooo much lately, and we have had it with raw veggies, eggs, and almost anything that could be slightly appropriate to slather in cheese sauce.
Health highlights of cauliflower: cauliflower is anti-inflammatory which means it can help reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s, even depression (which is still being researched further to explore the inflammation-depression link). As a part of the cruciferous family (with broccoli) cauliflower contains potent anti-cancer compounds. It also supports the body’s detoxification process.
- 1 Poblano Pepper – chopped
- 1 teaspoon EV Olive Oil
- 1 head Cauliflower – chopped
- 1½ cups Vegetable Stock
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese – shredded (I like very sharp cheddar)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a large pot add the pablano and olive oil
- Saute until the peppers soften, about 2 minutes
- Remove the peppers and set them aside
- Add the veggie stock and cauliflower to the (now empty) pot
- Steam until the cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes
- Add the cauliflower and stock to the bowl of a food processor or blender
- Puree until smooth
- Add the cheese, blend until well mixed
- Stir in the peppers
- Taste, season with salt and pepper to taste