Raw eating is made for summer time. Not only is there awesome produce you can get in abundance, but it also means you can turn off the oven and put away the pots and pans. That’s so perfect in the summer heat. It also means throwing together a meal is no more complicated than chopping and combining! Quick, easy, and healthy with little clean up? Sign me up!!
Health highlight of raw garlic: Raw garlic is soo good for you! It helps you absorb zinc and iron, is heart health promoting, anti-inflammatory, and has been linked to cancer prevention. It is even antiviral and antimicrobial, and has been shown to prevent the common cold!! Plus, it repels mosquitos, though I am not sure you want to walk around smelling too strongly of garlic, its not the best way to make friends.
Raw Pesto Ingredients
2 cups (lightly packed) Basil Leaves
¼ cup Ev Olive Oil
1 clove Garlic – peeled and crushed
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 lb Green Beans (remove the stem end) chopped into bite-sized pieces
½ head Cauliflower – chopped into bite sized pieces
1 Tomato – diced
½ cup raw chopped Pecans
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender add the basil and garlic
- Run until the basil and garlic are chopped very well
- Add the oil in a stream while the processor is running
- Add the lemon juice
- In a large bowl add the salad ingredients
- Pour the pesto over the salad and toss to combine
- Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking
- Dish up and enjoy!!!