Cooler weather? Bring it on. I am ready to live on soups alone!! I love curling up with a bowl of hot soup on a cold day, nothing quite says comfort as well as that.
This soup is really good. It’s loaded up with vegetables, but super filling because of the beans and pasta. It makes for the perfect lunch, or an amazing and easy dinner. It freezes really well too.
It is possible that by the time you guys are reading this post I might be without power. Where we live we seem to lose power more frequently, so I am totally used to it by now. I am actually really excited to get some reading done if we do lose power :) I have so many good books I have been dying to read!!
Health highlight of tomatoes: Tomatoes are also full of antioxidants that have been shown to prevent certain types of cancer (specifically lung and prostate) promote heart health, and may be helpful in supporting bone health. One of these antioxidants is lycopene, which has been linked to higher functionality with age, as well as increases your skins natural SPF!
- 1 tablespoon EV Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 Carrots (diced)
- 1 stalk Celery (diced)
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 – 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 ounces Green Beans (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 Zucchini (diced)
- 1 cup fresh Spinach leaves
- 1 can White Beans
- 1 cup Elbow Rice Pasta (dry)
- In a large pot add the olive oil, onion carrots and celery
- Cook until the veggies have softened, about 5 minutes
- Add all remaining ingredients except the pasta
- Bring to a boil
- Add the pasta and cook until the pasta is cooked
- Ladle out and enjoy!!
What is your favorite soup?