Cauliflower and buffalo were always meant to ride into the sunset together.
Because the natural sweetness of roasted cauliflower and the tangy hotness of the hot sauce, are seriously meant to be. In a Lina and Ethan kind of a way. (PS, anyone else suuuper psyched for that movie!?)
A buffalo salad and a nice cold drink anyone? Let’s get our Superbowl party on! (For me it was always more about the food anyway. Did I say more about the food? Sorry, I mean its completely about the food )
Also, if ever there was a way to convince people to eat veggies, it would be to douse them in hot sauce and smother them in blue cheese dressing. I mean, what’s not to love!?
This is hubby’s favorite lunch, it’s amazing warm or straight out of the fridge, so it’s super convenient to have sitting around (you know, at eye level in the fridge so it can be there for you when you need it most!)
Health highlights of cauliflower: cauliflower is anti-inflammatory which means it can help reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s, even depression (which is still being researched further to explore the inflammation-depression link). As a part of the cruciferous family (with broccoli) cauliflower contains potent anti-cancer compounds. It also supports the body’s detoxification process.
- 1 head Cauliflower (cut into florets, or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon EV Olive Oil
- 2 (15 oz) cans Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup Hot Sauce (I like Franks)
- 4 ribs Celery
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil
- Spread the cauliflower evenly (1 layer) on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Roast for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is brown and crisp around the edges
- In a large bowl add the cauliflower, chickpeas, hot sauce, and celery
- Toss until everything is well coated with the hot sauce
- Taste for seasoning, add salt if needed
- Serve, it’s great warm or cold!