This chili is insane.
This is my vegan version of a chicken chili. It was so easy to make, and it came out sooo much better than I expected!! I think it might be a faux pas to talk about how much you liked your own recipe. I am clearly very guilty of this.
But really you guys. I think you are going to love this one. I can’t help but to tell you how yummy it is so I can try to convince you make it and can enjoy it for yourself.
I am aware that there are some people who, rather than sitting with a cup of hot tea and a good YA fantasy novel, actually watch sports on Sundays. Although this is a foreign concept to me, what I do know is that this would be an awesome game day recipe (the Superbowl, according to Google, is this Sunday!).
I also totally can’t believe how quickly this weekend flew by, I hope you all had an awesome one!! Saturday we brunched with our amazing friends and then hung out with them the rest of the day chatting, it was my favorite.
Health highlight of white beans: There are lots of kinds of white beans, often when I say white beans I am referring to cannellini beans. Which are technically white kidney beans. All beans are an excellent source of fiber, which slows the digestion, helps to regulate blood sugar, and can help lower cholesterol (specifically LDL which is the “bad” one). You know how the song goes, and it’s true that beans are good for your heart!! I’ve even heard some nutrition experts say to eat as many beans as you want because they say “you’ll get full before you get fat on beans!” These beans are also a great source of protein, iron, and manganese. Manganese is important because it plays a significant role in energy creation and antioxidant activity.
- 3 cans White Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 Bell Peppers (remove seeds and stem)
- 1 Jalapeno (remove seeds and ribs if you don’t like it too spicy)
- 2 Shallots
- 2 cloves Garlic (smashed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh Cilantro
- 2 cups Veggie Broth
- 1 cup Corn (frozen, I used organic)
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Coriander
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Lime wedges (a little squeeze is delish on top!!)
- In a food processor puree 1 ½ cups of the beans (add some veggie broth if you need it to get things going)
- Add the pureed beans to a medium pot
- To the food processor add the peppers, shallots, garlic and cilantro
- Pulse until the texture of salsa
- Add the pepper mixture to the pot with the pureed beans
- Add the veggie broth, corn, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and remaining beans
- Bring to a boil, cook until the veggies are tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Dish up and enjoy!!
What was your favorite thing this weekend?